Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Philadelphia School of the Arts

The photography program I took at the Philadelphia School of the Arts in the summer of 2002 was a completely new experience that confirmed how much photography was what I wanted to do. It was the first time I used a computer and Photoshop to create an image. We still used film, but after developing our negatives, we scanned them into the computer to create digital files instead of going to the darkroom (which is what I was used to). The process was a little longer, but being able to play with the photos and manipulate them was fun. It changed the way I looked at photography a little. I saw more of what I could create with photography and not just capturing what I saw. I did not create anything completely amazing during my time here, but I was getting past the black and white images that I loved and started branching off to color photography more and exploring the possibilities. I still continued to do most of my photography in black and white, but there are some things that just get lost in the shades of gray.




Taken in NYC. Brought with me to Philly.


Day 1. Playing around in Photoshop.


Taken on the way to Philly. 


Roll 1. Black and White. (Tint is from the scanning process).



Roll 1. Exploring Philly.



Roll 2. Experimenting with colors and Photoshop.


Roll 2 continued. 


Roll 3. Final Days.


Roll 3 continued. 


Roll 3. Finding my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment