As I got older, I learned more about how to use the camera. How to compose the image through the camera, zooming and cropping, and lighting. I would play around with what I saw and try new things. Most of them were not anything special, but they changed the way I saw life. I would look for things that were different and new and try to capture those moments. It was easy to start out taking photos of things in my home, my family, my toys, but I wanted to see more. I wanted to photograph the things that I did not see every day. To capture memories, especially the happy ones, and make those memories last in a physical way. There are many things in my life that I forget, but these photos help bring back memories that may have been lost forever. The camera (no matter which one I am using at the time) has become a part of me and my life.
Walking on the Brooklyn Bridge, NY with my Parents and younger sister for my mom's birthday.
Whale watching on family vacation. I mostly remember everyone getting seasick and rainy weather.
One of our many family trips to NYC. My mom loved taking us to Broadway Shows growing up.
A trip to the beach. Weather wasn't ideal and the sand was rocky, but I made a turtle out of sticks to entertain myself and took a photo to remember. I still think it looks impressive.
A family trip to Mt. Washington. We drove to the top and I remember loving the view.
The monument at Jones Beach, NY. I've passed it so many times, but never really stopped to look. The architecture it really amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment