Friday, March 7, 2014

Middle School

When I was 13, I got my first real camera (meaning a SLR, not a point and shoot). It was a Canon Rebel 2000 (my parents had a canon Rebel, so I already had an idea of how to use it and it allowed me to use their lenses if I wanted to). It was the perfect beginner camera because it allowed me to shoot in full auto, but also had different settings so that I could try out some different things. It also opened my world to new things because I had more control on zoom and cropping as well as focusing (I learned about selective focus, even though I had no idea what it was at the time). I still carried around multiple cameras at the time (one for simple photos and my SLR for "artistic" photos) so that I could keep them separate, but my true eye showed up only through one.


Me with both of my cameras.


Changing my perspective.


Found art at the beach.


The first time I saw a bridge that turned to let boats through rather than go up.


Watching ducks.


Animal Safari, Disney.


A Bugs Life, Disney.

Disney.

Testing out a roll of "black and white" film in NYC (one that was developed using color chemicals).

Missing Grandpa.



Looking at the beach through a broken window.


A close up through the broken glass.


Mom and sister Jill at a stream, upstate NY.


Dad on a boat tour.


Close up, playing with focus (depth of field).


My room shortly after being painted.


Just a pretty sunset.


A view from my back porch.


Suzie looking tired of my camera.



No comments:

Post a Comment